Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fotolia: Great new site for image content.


Reviews:

"As an artist and writer with a discriminating eye for detail, I was hesitant to even visit a site aimed toward stock images. I was building a website and was a bit overwhelmed with other work when I came across Fotolia. When viewing their images I was very impressed by the wide variety of content and quality of art available. Sure I am an artist I could spend my budget locked away in a studio summon the muse and create all the wonderful images I had in my head which would cost more time and more money than I have to share or I can take the easy route. The easy route was the good choice and I am so glad to found this site. It's affordable and with enough images and artwork to consider a smogasbord. I didn't find a lot of generic flash or cheesy stock images, in fact Fotolia was artistic designs even graphic artists themselves would be impressed by. Not to mention how easy to use the was. highly recommended." ~Apryl Skies


"Fotolia is one of those sites I generally try to avoid. I've always felt that most sites providing the sort of service Fotolia provides generally do their best to stick it to you somewhere down the line, just when you need them most. I've also felt that most of the photography found on sites of that nature are generic at best. Well, when it came to Fotolia, I was wrong. Very wrong. The site layout is clean and detailed without losing it's user friendliness.

The graphics, artwork, photography, background vectors and such are excellent and as a whole fairly unique. Working on a tight budget, and an even tighter timeline over the past weeks, I've found myself relying almost solely on Fotolia for their services and downloads, which by the way, are quick and easy. There are no hidden anythings when it comes to Fotolia, including the most important to people such as myself: costs. You're not tied to a contract nor are you tied to a membership that requires an attorney to get out of. Fotolia is truly a site that makes me understand the meaning behind the overused coined phrase, 'what you see is what you get'. What you see with Fotolia and their advertising is exactly and you get. And it is definitely
worth the getting."

~Alicia Winski

No comments:

Post a Comment